CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 30, 2013

"It's Just Sex...!"

Wow, if I had a dollar for every time someone said that to me, I would be very wealthy woman. The number of times I've heard that is equivalent to the number of times Miley Cyrus has been caught sticking her tongue out like a dying dog- almost infinity. Hello readers, fellow bloggers and those who happened to stumble across my page while keying in "sex" on Google! Today's post deals with something that has transpired from being a taboo issue worldwide to a normality. Sex. Sex was regarded as a sacred act that was to be committed between man and wife ONLY and now it's something that almost 70% of the world had done when they were in high school. High school? Jeez! Back in high school the only thing that got me worried was whether Mr Francis (our sadistic, semi-Nazi Maths teacher) would be in a good mood that day. Or whether I could save just enough money to buy that tank top from MissWhatever at the mall. Sex never crossed my mind at all (doesn't make me a dyke at all, ok?).  Alarmingly, the demography for the most sexually active people has dropped to teenagers being the most sexually active people on the planet.

Instead of that, girls and guys are more worried about losing their virginity before they graduate from high school. Anyone who is still a virgin would be the school's social pariah. Forever. I shit you not, I've actually asked one of my sister's friends about their goals in life after high school and she answered, quote, "I wanna get a job and be really successful but first, I want to move further with [Her Crush's Name]". I narrowed my eyes at her and she shyly looked away which was a dead giveaway that that 'further move' refers to sex. Wow. It amazes me how the value of one's virginity has decreased through the years. Back in my days, we wanted to cherish our virginity until we were married... to the right guy. My dream had always been to let my future husband be the FIRST and ONLY ONE to deflower me. 

Honestly, I don't blame her for answering my question that way. She probably watches The Disney Channel featuring the most messed up teen/tween stars in the whole wide world, thinks Miley Cyrus is da bomb, thinks Selena Gomez's 'Come and Get It' is the best song ever and worships One Direction. The media plays a huge role in normalizing sex, I mean have you seen some of the shows they watch?! For example, 90210 which has to have at least one rough sex scene in every episode. Or The Vampire Diaries (I love this show so much by the way!) which has sex in almost every episode and the characters are teens too. Let's not forget the music they listen to which encourages sex, drugs and alcohol (Yeah, I'm talking about you Ke$ha and you too Rihanna). So in all entirety, sex is everywhere and can't be avoided that easily, but remember that it is a personal choice not a collective one.

No matter how uncool and primitive I sound, my virginity is something that is very sacred to me and something I can never give up so easily without feeling like 80% of my body's missing.  I honestly cannot speak from a male's perspective but guys, when a woman/girl lets you inside her sacred temple, you should damn well appreciate it because it was the hardest decision that she had ever made in her life (even harder than choosing the cutest member of Backstreet Boyz/One Direction/The Wanted to eternally fall in love with). For a woman, giving up her virginity is very important because she will always remember her first time. Always.

Let me clear the air of hostility here by saying that if a girl easily gives up her v-card it doesn't mean she is a slut (unless she gets paid for it, then yes she is).  Other than that, she is a human being with needs, just like you. Now, guys and girls, I'd like to say that you always have a choice when it comes to having sex and its always your call not your partners'. You can always say no, or never. You're the deckmaster here. Now back to this sentence, "It's Just Sex...!" Well ladies and gentleman, its not just sex, okay, its a heavy part of you and its something you can't take back- ever. It sticks with you for the rest of your life. I mean guys, wouldn't you want her to be your first and only? and girls, wouldn't you want him to be your first and only too? The feeling of knowing that you are each others' one and only is just amazing.Now, if you want to have sex, go ahead and have sex but know that it means something. To all the girls that have been pressured into sex, always say no, because if he loved you, then he wouldn't pressure you into having sex with him. And, if you save yourself for marriage you're not a loser or a nerd or a geek or whatever, you're just someone who values their virginity and prioritizes brilliantly. If you keep pleasing society, you will end up destroying yourself because society will always change and soon you won't be able to keep up with their demands.

Since I have the knack for pissing people off with my posts, I'd like to say that this is all from my perspective and like every single one of you, I'm allowed to have an opinion. I'm allowed to voice out my concerns, views and stories. If you don't like it, then go read some blog about.. gardening or something because I will present the cold, hard fact no matter how insulting it is.  What are your views on sex? Does practice make perfect in this aspect or should it still be a sacred matter shared between two people only? Email or comment your views. 

xx


0 voice outs: